Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fantasy or Reality?

This week I got totally bummed out about being a screenwriter. Can I really do this? Is this just a pipe dream?  I participated in a teleseminar about the myths of screenwriting contests and although winning one can help you, it's definitely no guarantee of success. Most screenplay contest winners don't even get their films made. Getting an agent is not a guarantee either. It all comes down to constantly promoting yourself, good writing and networking. 

But, you know what? That is what life's all about. You're only as good as your last big sale or screenplay. When you're no longer producing in corporate America, they get rid of you. So, what else is new? Life is always about the next big sale or project or discovery. If  you don't stay on top of the competition you fall behind.

Even though this is an incredibly daunting venture, I'm up for the challenge. Bring it on! I'll face my enemies, stare them down and conquer because I can!  I'm ready for this battle and will win!

No comments:

Post a Comment