Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our Precarious World

The events of this week were enough to make me pause and think. What in the world is going on? There was a 5.9 earthquake on the east coast of the U.S.  I'm from Los Angeles, home to many earthquakes. It's almost common place there. My high school was demolished as a result of one years ago. I refuse to say how long ago that was but it was a doozy.  This last quake was felt in New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia , D.C, Tennessee and some parts of Atlanta? How bizarre is that?

Gadafi had a rude awakening as his people finally said they had enough of his fanatical control and reign.  Bye Bye, they said in no uncertain terms. See ya! 

Nick Ashford died of throat cancer and I anguished because I remember many of his songs sung with his wife Valerie.  He will be missed. Just reminds me that the great songsters of the 60's and 70's are slowly but surely disappearing. Motown will never ever be like it was back in the day.

Dr. Martin Luther King's Memorial is honored this weekend in D.C. My God! How things have changed in America but in other ways, is the same. And 911 is right around the corner and I hope America has learned something from that.....other than to be extra cautious when traveling.

My point is that we live in a very scary world today. The weather patterns are changing, the economy is in turmoil and retirement is uncertain for many people. Each day we hope we can just make it through without getting caught up in something really horrible.

What is the lesson from all of this? Follow your dreams, live life to the fullest because you never know when your last day on earth will be. Be safe and dream big!

No comments:

Post a Comment